A project led by the Feminism Club at Piedmont High School, “Piedmont Needs Feminism” is a photo campaign detailing the reasons why students need gender equality. Encouraged to express their thoughts, students are provided an outlet to explain why feminism is important to not only themselves and their community, but the greater world at large.
- “I need feminism because… people still think catcalling is acceptable.”
- “I need feminism because I look great in dresses!”
- “Feminism = Gender Equality. ‘And if you still hate the word- it is not the word that is important but the idea and the ambition behind it.’ -Emma Watson”
- "I need feminism because women’s sexual liberation was celebrated- the willingness to freely give and enjoy blowjobs and group sex, our willingness to experiment with anal- but ultimately many people revolted when we stated that our bodies were territories that they could not occupy at will. Those who were ready for female sexual liberation if it meant free pussy, no strings attached, were rarely ready for female sexual agency.”
- "I need feminism because if I’m upset it doesn’t automatically mean I’m on my period. I’m a person too. Period.”